Since 1974, DenMat has been a leader in high-quality dental products for dental professionals in more than 60 countries around the world. DenMat makes and assembles most of its products at its world headquarters on the Central Coast of California. DenMat offers three main product categories:
DenMat’s consumables include brands that are known and trusted, including Geristore®, Core Paste®, Tenure®, Ultra-Bond®, Infinity®, SplashMax®, Precision®, Perfectemp®, Atridox® and LumiSmile White®.
DenMat’s small equipment offering includes a broad range of products, including NV®PRO3 and SOL™ soft-tissue diode lasers, the Rotadent® power toothbrush, PeriOptix™ magnification loupes and lights, Flashlite™ curing lights, Vizilite® and Vizilite® Pro for oral lesion screening, and a full line of high-quality Hartzell hand instruments.
DenMat’s Laboratory is also home to Lumineers®, the world’s #1 patient-requested thin veneer, and Snap-On Smile®, the life-changing removable appliance.
DenMat UK is a small, but well-established subsidiary, headquartered in High Wycombe (Bucks), and is seeking to recruit independent sales agents to sell our products into high street dental practices.
Objective of role
Sales and promotion of DenMat “specified” products, developing customer base and maintaining good relationships with new and existing customers. To manage a geographically defined area, selling dental cosmetic products and services into High Street Dental Practices. This role is suited to an experienced, self-motivated, fast-learning, self-starting individual with existing and current dental practice customers and a proven track record in Dental field sales. Dental sales experience is essential, as are effective selling skills, good planning ability, and a strong desire to succeed. Must have a clear understanding of and be able to demonstrate basic sales principles, planning, organisation, and the ability to recognise customer buying signals and when to close a sale. Motivated to work towards and deliver set sales targets.
- Sell into a geographically specified region
- Gain repeat sales and aim to exceed targets.
- Educate customers on company’s products and events.
- Visit (by appointment or cold calling) an average of 8-10 dental practices per day.
- Support marketing programmes by timely follow up of sales leads
- Maintain updated customer activities in CRM (Salesforce).
- Complete administrative responsibilities (weekly sales reporting, monthly expense submissions).
- Participate in industry-related events, trade shows and meetings.
- Represent the company in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
- Maintain communication with other DenMat colleagues on all matters related to the territory.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry and competitor’s products.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Make effective persuasive presentations to dentists
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages
- Be computer literate (laptop provided)
- Able to travel and manage overnight stays as required
- Attend dental conferences, courses, and meetings as required and be flexible in changing daily workload priorities.
- Maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
Proven field sales experience within a “dental manufacturing to high street sales environment”.
Valid driver’s license and proof of business cover insurance required.
Key metrics for measurement:
- Achievements of sales targets
- Sales of designated products
- Interaction with CRM
- Weekly activities
- Introduction of new products to customers
- Management of local expenses
- Management of local territory and customers
- 20% commission on all net invoiced sales
- Paid monthly (following month)
- Fully reimbursable legitimate company expenses (float provided upfront)
- Laptop and mobile phone provided (for business use only)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The role is field based, thus able to work as a “mobile office”. Carrying demonstration stock and product literature in car boot (securely hidden away), so must be able to lift small equipment/devices.
General: This description contains the essential functions necessary to evaluate the position. It is not intended and should not be used as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or efforts.
Please send your current CV and a short email explaining why you are applying to email@example.com